- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Veterans in Economic Transition Conference
November 27, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - November 28, 2018 @ 3:00 pm ESTFree – $250
Join us for the third annual, award-winning Veterans in Economic Transition Conference (VETCON). This conference is the first of its kind in the Capital Region to help veterans as they make transitions into their future professional careers. it is an unprecedented collection of public and private businesses, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and government agencies gathering together for a worth initiative. The Conference will:
- Provide support, advice and direction to startups and existing businesses owned by Veterans
- Host seminars and presentations overseen, and prepared by UAlbany’s School of Business MBA program. Topics include issues that confront new businesses and how to do business through technology and marketing.
- Make available businesses and organizations that help Veterans obtain employment and to encourage industries to consider Veterans. The state will have representatives from state programs and agencies that will help guide veterans toward useful programs that already exist. Representatives from OGS will help instruct and educate Veteran business owners as to the process and requirements in becoming certified as a New York State Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) in order to increase participation in New York State’s contracting opportunities.
- Have the potential to present monetary awards, grants and prizes to veteran-owned businesses.
- Provide access to organizations that are not necessarily focused towards veterans, but offer services to them to succeed and thrive after service.
- Have speakers of national notoriety serve as mentors during seminar sessions, and networking opportunities with the inclusion of notable veteran business owners, investors and financial institutions. There will be specific rooms made available to connect investors with potential businesses, and netoworking between attendees.
Call us at 518-218-7100 or e-mail us at [email protected] with any questions
Dates: Tue, Nov 27, 2018, 12:00 PM – Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 3:00 PM EST