- This event has passed.
Boots to Roots: A Farm Tasting
September 20 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$65 – $120
Join The Veteran’s Farm of North Carolina, Inc. (VFNC) at Dirtbag Ales Brewery & Taproom (DBA) for the inaugural “Boots to Roots: A Farm Tasting,” an evening of celebrating NC’s Farmer-Veterans and their seasonal offerings!
Chef Brian Graybill—Veteran and owner of DBA’s onsite restaurant, Napkins—is crafting an autumn-inspired menu for this small-plate tasting that will highlight the freshness and diversity of the products being supplied by several Farmer-Veterans from around NC. Veteran and DBA Brewmaster Vernardo “Tito” Simmons-Valenzuela is pairing each of Chef Brian’s 7 small plates (listed below) with a 5-ounce pour of DBA’s signature craft beers.
- Barbacoa de Res (Green-Eyed Farms) w/ Pro-Move IPA
- Bistecca con Chimichurri (Spartan Tusk & Feather Livestock) w/ Blood Orange Kölsch
- Lamb Bulgogi (Purpose Driven Family Farm) w/ Coconut Lime Sour
- Empanadas de Chorizo (CATHIS Farm) w/ El Bruto
- Fall Bruschetta (Watson Sanders Farm) w/ Einbahnstraße
- Catfish Croquetas (Cedar Creek Fish Farm) w/ Contents Under Pressure
- Autumn Salad (Pappy’s Urban Farm) w/ Märzen Attacks!
In order to host this event in a socially distanced, safe manner, VFNC is splitting this farm-to-table event into two different seatings that evening: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The Farmer-Veterans being celebrated will each serve attendees a different small plate of Napkins’ prepared dishes from separate stations, spread apart around the pavilion’s perimeter. Attendees will rotate from station to station, meet each farmer, pick up a plate and a paired beer, and find a seat at small tables, spread apart across the pavilion’s floor.
All staff and servers will wear masks and adhere to CDC and DHHS’ COVID-19 safety guidelines for the service industry, and all attendees will be asked to adhere to the same guidelines as they pertain to customers, to include wearing masks when not seated and eating or drinking.
Veteran and musician Ernesto Rivas, of Rivas Music Group, will perform live on acoustic guitar. Additionally, Chef Brian and Brewmaster Tito will share with attendees their inspiration for both the dishes created and the beers paired with each. A raffle will give attendees a chance to win several items donated by local Veteran artisans and business owners, to include harvest baskets full of the farmers’ products featured in the tasting.
A limited number of tickets are available for purchase via Eventbrite to each of the two farm tastings; the cost is $65 per single ticket or $120 per pair of tickets. Ticket cost covers 7 small plates from the farm-tasting menu, a flight of 5-ounce beers to pair with each plate, and live music.
Tickets cannot be refunded but may be transferred to other attendees. In the case of inclement weather, the event will be moved indoors, to DBA’s taproom, and no ticket refunds will be issued. All revenue generated above and beyond event costs is being donated to VFNC to sustain VATEP and other VFNC operations.
CHILDREN & PET POLICY:
This event is open to adults, 21 years and older, only. Pets are allowed, but if they become a distraction to the event, the owner will be asked to remove their pet from the pavilion.
The following businesses have generously contributed monetary donations, in-kind services, or raffle donations to make this event an even greater success:
- The Signature Group Realty Team at Keller Williams (Steel Sower Sponsor)
- Victory Lane Quick Oil Change – Zebulon, NC (Steel Sower Sponsor)
- McNeil Law Firm – Raleigh, NC (Iron Trailblazer Sponsor)
- Ft. Bragg Area Community Veterans Engagement Board (Iron Trailblazer Sponsor)
- Napkins Restaurant (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Dirtbag Ales Brewery & Taproom (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Parnell Acres – Zebulon, NC (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Rivas Music Group (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Hummingbird Candle Co. (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Attention Ink (In-Kind Sponsor)
- Ballash Woodworks (Raffle Donor)
- Cornerstone Design Co. (Raffle Donor)
- The Wine Cafe (Raffle Donor)
- Fowler’s Southern Gourmet (Raffle Donor)
- Fayetteville Pie Company (Raffle Donor)
- Broad River Hemp Company (Raffle Donor)
For all media inquiries, event-sponsorship opportunities, and other questions, email [email protected]