NBC Universal to Host Supplier Diversity Fair for Veterans in LA, NYC, Orlando and Miami
NBC Universal is looking to partner with Veteran and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses
During the week of November 13th, NBC-Universal will host separate Veterans Business Fairs at in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Orlando.
The NBC Universal Supplier Diversity Program promotes the use of qualified diverse suppliers in all tiers of NBC Universal’s procurement process.
The guiding principles of the NBC Universal Supplier Diversity Program include:
a) Providing business opportunities to minority, veteran and women-owned suppliers;
b) Stating their procurement standards and expectations regarding use of diverse suppliers;
c) Creating an environment geared toward the growth and development of leading diverse suppliers.
NBC Universal procurement specialists also say their goal is to identify, create and broaden mutually beneficial business opportunities for NBC Universal and diverse suppliers. They use external advisory councils and performance reporting to further ensure measurable accountability.
“This opportunity aligns with national ongoing efforts to connect Vets with non-military corporate entities and may provide other partnering opportunities in the future that could also benefit veterans and their families,” said Chuong Bui, manager of supplier diversity for NBC Universal.
“We invite Veteran Owned Businesses and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business suppliers to participate and network with our executives & decision makers,” Bui added.
To qualify: Veteran or service-disabled veteran owned business enterprise (VBE/SDVBE) Privately-owned: At least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a veteran or service-disabled veteran or group of veterans or service-disabled veterans. Publicly-owned: At least 51% of the stock must be owned by veterans or service-disabled veterans and the management and daily business operations must be controlled and operated by one or more of those individuals.
According to Bui, there will be a special focus on the following:
- Those that have experience in the *entertainment industry. (Lighting, Heavy Equipment, Costumes, Sound, Music, etc…);
- Those that have extensive experience in the private sector. (IT and more);
- Those that are located in the above geographic regions;
- If possible, those that are minority owned as well.
*Suppliers lacking entertainment industry experience, but having transferable competencies that NBCU could leverage, are welcome to attend.
The events will be hosted on the following dates:
November 13th in Los Angeles
November 14th in New York City
November 15th in Central Florida (Orlando)
November 15th in South Florida (Miami)
Date & Location Information (all events will run from 11am-2pm):
- 11/13 – Los Angeles, The Globe Theater, Universal Citywalk
- 11/14 – New York, the NY Veteran Affairs Office
- Orlando, Rising Star at Universal City Walk
- Miami, Doral Golf Resort & Spa
- First Half: Remarks from NBCU executives, supplier diversity, a veteran business organization. Possibly a panel/session where vet suppliers speak on their experiences gaining business w/ NBCU.
- 2nd Half: Matchmaking/Tradeshow
Submit further inquiries and questions to: [email protected]