Veterans Hire Veterans Employment Resources and Links
(be sure to scroll down to view all employment resources)
- We Hire Heroes – Rather than trying to be the world’s biggest job board, “WeHireHeroes” is a network of local job boards that provides veteran-friendly employment leads, resources, and coaching for military veterans in their local communities.
- Call of Duty Endowment – The Call of Duty Endowment is a non-profit public benefit corporation which helps soldiers transition to civilian careers after their military service.
- Hire Disability Solutions (HireDS) – If you are a Military service person who has sustained an injury while serving our country, Hire Disability Solutions can assist you in returning to work and continuing to live an independent life.
- JOFDAV (Job Opportunities For Disabled American Veterans) – Account registration is free for both individuals and employers; Browse and search thousands of jobs for veterans.
- Military to Civilian – is a blog devoted to helping transitioning military and prior-military find careers in the civilian world. Topics include resume tips, how to translate your military experience into terms a civilian hiring authority can understand, hot career areas for military-experienced job seekers, career coaching, and more.
- Helmets to Hardhats – Helmets to Hardhats is a national program that was started in 2002 that connects National Guard, Reserve and transitioning active-duty military members with quality career training and employment opportunities within the construction industry. The program is administered by the Center for Military Recruitment, Assessment, and Veterans Employment and headquartered in Carlsbad, California.
- Hire Heroes USA – Hire Heroes USA offers transition assistance, job search assistance, and job placement services to those who have honorably served in the US military – and to their spouses. Hire Heroes USA’s services are provided at no cost to the veteran.
- Jobs2Vets – Military Jobs Transcoder was created to make it easier for Veterans to find jobs and have a better experience in the process.
- USAjobs.gov – Working for America is a site which is your one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information.
- Veterans Job Bank is part of the National Resource Directory and links veterans with companies that want to hire them. By entering an MOS/MOC code or searching by keyword an individual can connect with information about available job openings in a specific geographic region that may fit their military experience.
- Veterans.Jobs – Veterans.jobs uses the Military Occupational Classification (MOC) Crosswalk to assist military personnel in transitioning from active duty to employment opportunities in the civilian workforce.
- Veterans Hire Veterans Initiative – Project created to help link veteran business owners looking for employees with veterans and transitioning activity duty military looking for work.
- VetJobs – VetJobs is a job board for reaching the 14 million military Veterans currently in the work force, as well as the 250 thousand active duty military personnel who transition each year, and their family members. VetJobs is an excellent source for candidates in information technology, program and project management, sales, linguists, logistics, transportation, human resources, manufacturing, engineering, finance, healthcare, accounting and senior executives.
- Hire Patriots – Hire Patriots began in 2005 as a site to help current and transitioning Marines from Camp Pendleton find employment. Today it contains employment opportunities for current, transitioning and former members of all branches of service and from every base in the nation. Users may post their resumes and search for both temporary jobs and careers via the site.
- VeteransCorp.org – The Veterans Corporation is charged with creating and enhancing entrepreneurial business opportunities for veterans, including service-disabled veterans. The website has information about starting and managing a business as well as sections about acquiring capital, becoming bonded and online education workshops.
- Warfighterhome.us – Created by the American Legion in partnership with Avue Technologies, this site is designed to help veterans find employment with the federal government. Through this site, users can search for federal jobs by geographic location, have exclusive access to Avue’s Career Choice Advisor, get useful information on special hiring authorities for veterans, learn how veterans’ preference is used in the federal hiring process and get tips on marketing military experience.
- Recruit Military – A nationwide, full-service, military-to-civilian recruiting firm. The site offers job search, career fair information, transition resources, job resources and resources for military spouses.
- Gold Card Services for Post-9/11 Era Veterans The Gold Card provides unemployed post-9/11 era veterans with the intensive and follow-up services they need to succeed in today’s job market. The Gold Card initiative is a joint effort of the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration (ETA) and the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS).
- OPM’s comprehensive VetGuide – If you are a veteran, you may be entitled to certain preferences when applying to Federal positions. You may also be eligible to apply to positions under special veterans appointing authorities. For more information, consult the Office of Personnel Management VetGuide.
- Veterans ReEmployment – Veterans ReEmployment is your one-stop site for employment, training and financial help after your military service.
- Hiring Our Heroes – In March of 2011, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce launched Hiring Our Heroes, a nationwide initiative to help veterans and military spouses find meaningful employment. Working with a network of 1600 state and local chambers and other strategic partners from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, the goal was to create a movement across America in hundreds of local communities where veterans and military families return every day.
- Feds Hire Vets – The one-stop resource for Federal veteran employment information. Veterans, transitioning service members, and their families will find this site to be full of resources and information that can assist in finding a Federal career.
- My Next Move for Veterans is designed for U.S. veterans who are current job seekers. The interactive tool helps vets learn about their career options. The site has tasks, skills, salary information, job listings, and more for over 900 different careers. Veterans can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or by discovering civilian careers that are similar to their job in the military. Veterans can also take advantage of the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person’s interests and level of work experience.
- America’s Heroes at Work – a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) project that addresses the employment challenges of returning Service Members and Veterans living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Military Hire is a leading job and resume website for veterans. They have thousands of jobs currently available worldwide. These jobs have been posted by hundreds of companies who appreciate the quality and dedication the military veteran brings to the private sector. They allow veterans to post their resume and search for jobs at absolutely no cost.
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service (VetSuccess) The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program. The VetSuccess program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
- American Corporate Partners offers free career counseling and mentoring to recently returned veterans by professionals from America’s finest corporations.
- AMVETS provides support for veterans and the active military in procuring their earned entitlements, as well as community service and legislative reform that enhances the quality of life for this nation’s citizens and veterans alike. AMVETS also provides veterans with access to career centers that provide an array of career training and employment services to veterans including career assessment, training, certification assistance, and assistance in the career search process.
- Veterans Marketplace is an up-and-coming resource for United States veterans and transitioning active duty military. Focusing on relocation resources, military organizations, employment for veterans, discounts for active duty military, veterans and their families and more.
- Military to Medicine is a national, non-profit military service organization of Inova Health System. It provides online healthcare training that leads to entry-level healthcare careers. For individuals who have healthcare work experience, Military to Medicine provides career opportunity assistance.
- Student Veterans for America provides peer-to-peer college campus networks for veterans. The group coordinates campus activities, provides pre-professional networking, and generally provides a touchstone for student veterans in higher education to ultimately ensure every veteran is successful after their service.
- Swords to Plowshares is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that provides counseling and case management, employment and training, housing and legal assistance to veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Veterans Green Jobs provides exemplary green jobs education and career development opportunities for military veterans, empowering and supporting them to lead America’s transition to energy independence, ecological restoration, community renewal, and economic prosperity.
- Veterans in Piping provides returning vets with 16 weeks of accelerated welding training with an additional two weeks of transitional training to help returning veterans adjust to civilian life. The training is free to veterans who are placed in construction careers nationwide.
- We Hire Heroes: We Hire Heroes provides Local Job Boards For Veterans, By Veterans – Providing employment opportunities for veterans, retired military, active duty, and their families.
- CivilianJobs.com comprises a suite of services that help America’s top companies find military-experienced talent. Our online job board, job fairs and military base publication coupled with our unique pre-matching process deliver valuable talent to hiring managers and terrific job opportunities to ex-military job seekers.
- Wall Street Warfighters is an organization focused on benefiting service disabled veterans. Its mission is to identify, develop, and place disabled veterans in long-term professions in the financial services industry following their military service.
- Wounded Warrior Project’s “Warriors to Work” – The Warriors to Work program helps individuals recovering from severe injuries received in the line of duty connect with the support and resources they need to build a career in the civilian workforce.
This is a public service announcement (PSA) brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee the above offer. VeteranOwnedBusiness.com and the Veteran Owned Business Directory are simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist or service disabled veteran (SDVOSB) of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the VeteranOwnedBusiness.com sign up page to get your free listing.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members.
Tags: Active Duty Military Transition, Air Force, America's Heroes at Work, American Corporate Partners, AMVETS, Army, Call of Duty Endowment, Careers for Veterans, CivilianJobs.com, Coast Guard, Department of Labor, DoD’s broader Spouse Education and Career Opportunities, Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces, Employment Resources, Feds Hire Vets, Gold Card Services for Post-9/11 Era Veterans, Helmets to Hardhats, Hire Disability Solutions, Hire Heroes USA, Hire Patriots, HireDS, Hiring Our Heroes, Job Banks, Job Links, Job Opportunities For Disabled American Veterans, Jobs for Veterans, Jobs2Vets, JOFDAV, marines, Military Hire, Military Occupational Classification, Military Occupational Classification Converter, Military Occupational Classification Translator, Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Military to Civilian, Military to Medicine, Military.com, MilitaryStars, MOC, MSEP, My Next Move for Veterans, national guard, National Resource Directory, navy, Openings, OPM's comprehensive VetGuide, Recruit Military, SECO, service. Wounded Warrior Project’s “Warriors to Work”, Student Veterans for America, Swords to Plowshares, The Wounded Marine Careers Foundation, Transition Assistance Online, Troops to Teachers, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Unemployed Veterans, USAF, USAjobs.gov, USCG, USMC, USN, VA for Vets, VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service (VetSuccess), VeteranEmployment.com, Veterans Employment Events Job Fairs, Veterans Employment News, Veterans Employment Resources, Veterans Green Jobs, Veterans Hire Veterans, Veterans in Piping, Veterans Job Bank, Veterans Job Fairs, Veterans Job Opportunities, Veterans Marketplace, Veterans ReEmployment, Veterans Unemployment Rate, Veterans.Jobs, VeteransCorp.org, VeteransHireVeterans.com, VeteransHiringVeterans.com, VetJob, VetJobs.us, VetSucces, vue's Career Choice Advisor, Wall Street Warfighters, Warfighterhome.us